Sunday, February 12, 2012

Inspiration: Life

"I have no right to complain. I'm not even suffering. I have to work twice as hard for the people who don't even get the chance."

Those were the words that came to my head as I lay in bed feeling helpless. It was after praying to Fudo Myoo for guidance that this revelation came to mind. Those words are true for someone like me who lives a privileged life.

Who doesn't experience hunger or homelessness.
Who isn't suffering from any type of physiological ailment or cancer

I wake up in my room.
Feeling safe in my house.
With food in the fridge.
With clothes in my closet.

I have a choice to decide what to do or how to shape my life!

How can I complain about how hard and stressful my life is when people around the world barely have any of these things? Sometimes we get lost on our path or take things for granted, especially when life is going good. We take for granted the little things like having a choice to eat, what to wear, what school to go to, and even that we can freely drink water from our sinks! A lot of people around the world don't have this privilege. That is why I have to work twice as hard for those people who don't have the chance to even try.

No comments:

Post a Comment